Canadian Sociological Association Membership Requirement Policy
Participation in the CSA sessions at Congress is restricted to registered members in good standing under the following guidelines;
- “Participant” is defined as a session chair, discussant, presenter, or panelist
- Session attendees will no longer be defined as “participants”
- Exceptions to the membership requirement policy are subject to approval from the Program Coordinator and may apply to; plenary and workshops, co-authors neither attending nor presenting, and special guest discussant or presenter
- There is no requirement for CSA membership when submitting session proposals or papers, however, the policy will take effect once the session or paper has been approved.
- Participants must ensure that their CSA membership will be active throughout Congress
- April 15, 2015 is the deadline for new membership registrations and membership renewals if the current expiry date is prior to June 5, 2015
CSA Membership is independent of Congress registration. The first step is to ensure that your membership is in good standing throughout June 5, 2015. This may require that you register as a new member of the Canadian Sociological Association or renew your registration if it is set to expire prior to the Conference. Membership renewal will be possible 45 days prior to the expiration date. Contact us if you are unsure about the current standing of your membership.
The CSA will not be able to include a participant in the Official Conference Program if he or she has not complied with the Membership Requirement by April 15, 2015.