Social Science Research Associate
Language required: Unilingual – English
Security: Enhanced reliability
ASAP to August 5, 2013
The following are to be performed by one resource:
- Conduct literature reviews, synthesis and analysis of information/data relevant to the various research-related requests received by the Senior Advisor to the Chief Public Health Officer.
- Conduct research to evaluate the relevance, success and cost-effectiveness of population health initiatives.
- Perform research into potential impact of new programs, policies or initiatives
- Perform interviews as part of a population health research initiative
- Analyze data generated from interviews and other qualitative sources.
- Prepare reports based on research findings
- Participate and support activities related to team meetings and workshops.
- Certificate, diploma, or degree in sociology or other relevant field (e.g. anthropology) from a recognized post secondary institution,
- Completion of a graduate degree in sociology or other relevant field, from a recognized post secondary institution, is required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience (cumulative in the last 8 years) in research-related activities such as literature reviews, analysis and report writing is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience performing research in evaluating success or potential impact of new programs, policies or initiatives.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience (cumulative in last 5 years) in qualitative research methods