Student Paper Competition
Doctoral and Masters students are invited to submit a paper for consideration in the “Best Student Paper Awards in Environmental Research” that you will be presenting at the 2014 Canadian Sociological Association meetings at Canadian Federation of Humanities and Social Sciences Congress at Brock University in St. Catherines, Ontario. Your paper must address issues on the environment or natural resources from a social scientific perspective. If your paper is judged to be the best of the submissions, you will win for your respective category (Ph.D. or Masters).
1. Advancement of knowledge
2. Significance of the topic for society and environment concerns
3. Quality and implementation of the research (if applicable)
4. Analysis and interpretation of the findings (if applicable)
5. Clarity and organization of the writing
1. Papers may be coauthored with other students. However, faculty members cannot be coauthors.
2. The student must attend and present the paper at the CSA meetings at Congress 2014
3. The student must be a member of the CSA at the time the paper is submitted.
1. Papers cannot exceed 25 pages (inclusive of title, abstract, body of the text, references, tables and figures).
2. All pages must be double-spaced; 12-point font; and have 1 inch margins on all sides.
3. The paper can follow the Chicago, APA, or ASA formatting style.
4. Paper must not have been previously presented at a professional conference or published in a proceedings, book, or journal.
Submission Procedures and Deadline
By May 15, 2014 email a PDF copy of your (1) submitted abstract and (2) full paper to: Dr. Ken Caine, Department of Sociology, University of Alberta: Ken.firstname.lastname@example.org
When submitting the above please include your name, institutional affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email. All submissions must be accompanied by a letter or email from a faculty advisor or department chair addressed to Dr. Ken Caine certifying your student status.