Notice of Annual General Meeting
The 50th annual meeting of the Canadian Sociological Association membership will be held on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 (12:15pm-1:35pm) in St. Catharines, Ontario at the Concordia Lutheran Seminary, Brock University.
The agenda can be found below and documents to review in advance of the meeting will be posted on May 19, 2014. Refreshments have been sponsored by Wiley Publishing.
Special Resolution of the Membership
Corporations Canada requires our association to transfer to the new NFP Corporations Act by October 17, 2014. Our Executive Committee has been working on this project, revising the association’s Articles of Continuance (originally the Articles of Incorporation) and By-laws.
The next step in this process is a special resolution of the membership approving these documents. In order to include members unable to attend the AGM, we have facilitated an online electronic ballot.
Please cast your vote to accept or reject the Articles of Continuance and By-laws by May 12, 2014. The results of the vote will be announced at the Annual General Meeting.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions and thank you in advance for your time.
Annual General Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, May 28th, 2014, 12:15-1:35 pm
Concordia Lutheran Seminary
(Brock University Campus)
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Adoption of the Minutes of the June 5, 2013 meeting at the University of Victoria, BC – Mervyn Horgan*
4. Business Arising from the Minutes
5. Report from the President– Patrizia Albanese
a) Special resolution of the membership (voting results)
i) Articles of Continuance
ii) Association By-laws
6. Report from the President-Elect- Linda Gerber
7. Report from the Past-President – Jane Ursel
8. Report from the Treasurer and Elections Officer – Keith Warriner
a) 2013 Financial Reports
b) Appointment of a public accountant
c) Special resolution of the membership to conduct a review engagement instead of a full audit for the 2013 financial statement
9. CRS Managing Editor’s Report – Terry Wotherspoon
10. Reports from the following Committees are available on the website for member review*
a) Equity Issues – Howard Ramos
b) Policy, Ethics and Professional Concerns – Mark Stoddart
c) Research Advisory– Neil McLaughlin
d) Student Concerns – Katie MacDonald
e) Report from the Office Manager – Sherry Fox
11. Other business – Q & A
12. Installation of new officers and Executive Committee members – Keith Warriner
*These documents will be posted on the CSA-SCS website for member review on May 19, 2014.