How can one become part of CSA student concerns subcommittee?
Any five members in good standing of the CSA can nominate someone for a position on the Executive Committee or various Subcommittees . The process is as follows:
- Download and complete a nomination form from the CSA website (http://www.csa-scs.ca/elections). These will be made available in February.
- All members of the CSA in good standing are able to cast their vote by electronic ballot in early April.
- Once elected, the student representative serves a two-year term commencing after the Annual General Meeting held during the Annual Conference.
- The three members of the subcommittee select a Chair who will sit on the CSA Executive Committee
- The Chair attends four meetings during the year. Two will be in person during the Annual Conference (scheduled for May or June as part of Congress) and the others via teleconference in September and January.
- The Chair of the Student Concerns Subcommittee is eligible to receiving travel and accommodation subsidies for attending the EC meetings held at Congress.