Who are we?
The Student Concerns Subcommittee consists of three student representatives from across Canada, including a Western representative, a Central representative, and an Eastern representative. Each representative is elected, along with all the members of the executive at the Annual General Meeting held in conjunction with the annual CSA-SCS conference. Together, this committee represents over 500 graduate students (Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students/candidates) members of the CSA-SCS.
Our mandate is to:
- Stimulate and facilitate communication among students year-round;
- Act as a voice for sociology students from Western, Central and Eastern Canada;
- Increase the visibility of sociology students organization-wide;
- Provide a venue for the dissemination of student-relevant sociological information at the CSA Annual Conference; and,
- Attend annual CSA Conferences.