Call for Sessions
Session proposal submissions will be accepted from September 22 through November 8, 2021.
The Annual Conference of the Canadian Sociological Association (CSA) will be held May 16 – 20, 2022 as part of the Federation of Humanities and Social Sciences Congress. It will be held online (virtual).
2022 Conference Theme:
Igniting Change Through Sociology
The local and global developments of the past few years have revealed the deep inadequacy of our existing social structures and institutions in facing today’s challenges and for creating just, democratic, inclusive, tolerant, and flourishing societies. This has given us an opportunity to reflect on the kind of changes that can bring about those goals. The annual conference of the Canadian Sociological Association provides a forum to engage in serious dialogues about how to ignite such changes.
We hope that this theme is generative for beginning discussions and pushing forward research agendas, but of course we invite session proposals from all sociological areas of research.
The CSA also welcomes interdisciplinary proposals in partnership with other Associations participating in the Congress. Sessions may be held in English and/or French and take the form of regular sessions (paper presentations), panels, roundtables, or workshops.
We look forward to receiving your proposals.
2022 Conference Program Committee:
Abdie Kazemipur, University of Calgary
Irene Shankar, Mount Royal University
Natalie Delia Deckard, University of Windsor
Rima Wilkes, University of British Columbia
Robert Henry, University of Saskatchewan
Session Proposal Submissions
2. Determine details regarding your session
- Co-organizer names, affiliations, email addresses if applicable
- Canadian Sociological Association Research Cluster affiliation if applicable
- Format (Regular, Panel, or Workshop) – refer to Session Guidelines
- Canadian Sociological Association exclusive or interdisciplinary – refer to Interdisciplinary Sessions
- Research Areas (or session theme)
- Open to submissions during the Call for Abstracts or by invitation only
- Session Title
- Session Description (maximum 300 words)
3. Click to access our online session proposal form
4. Contact us if you have any questions or require assistance with the process
5. Submit your proposal online no later than November 8, 2021 at 11:59pm ET
6. The Conference program committee will advise you whether your proposal can be included in the program on or about November 30, 2021
The Call for Abstracts will be open from December 6, 2021 to January 31, 2022.