The CSA has set aside funds generated from the ‘Full-time Academic – Sponsor’ membership registration category to subsidize the cost of Congress delegate registration fees for eligible members in precariously employed positions participating as a presenter, panelist, chair, or discussant.
- Membership in the Canadian Sociological Association
- Must be active at the time of application and through May 20, 2022
- Participation in the 2022 Canadian Sociological Association Conference as a presenter, panelist, chair, or discussant
- Professional status in one of the following categories;
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Limited-term Contract Faculty
- Sessional Instructor
- NPO / Community Organization Employee (non-academic)
- Unemployed / independent scholar
Student participants benefit from reduced fees and those identifying as Black or Indigenous may be eligible for complimentary Congress delegate registration. Contact us for additional information.
Application and Claim Process
- Applicants must complete the online form by March 25, 2022
- Application approval notices will be sent by email on or about March 30, 2022
- Funding levels will be determined by the number of eligible applications received and available budget. Therefore, the funding provided for approved applicants may not cover the full cost of Congress delegate registration fee
- Successful applicants should register as a Congress delegate with the Canadian Sociological Association Conference Fee included before March 31, 2022 to benefit from reduced rates.
- The final date to register as a delegate is April 15, 2022.
- A copy of the delegate registration receipt must be saved in order to claim the approved funding
- Successful applicants will be sent instructions to claim their funding with a request for a copy of the Congress delegate registration receipt (with Canadian Sociological Association Conference fee included) in May.
- Funding will be sent by cheque in late May / early June (following the Conference)