The Call for Abstracts will be closing January 28, 2019. Please remind your colleagues to submit their abstracts before the deadline. The deadline is also applicable to organizers submitting to their own sessions.
Determining the Final Status of Your Session
Our office will be in contact with all session organizers through the review process January 29 – February 11 to assist with determining if and how your session will be included in the program.
The Conference Committee will be reorganizing regular and roundtable sessions based on the following guidelines;
- Sessions with less than 3 accepted abstracts will be cancelled or merged
- The abstracts will be reassigned to other sessions
- Sessions with 3 or 4 accepted abstracts may be asked to accept similarly themed abstracts from cancelled or merged sessions
- Sessions with 6 or more accepted abstracts may be considered for an additional regular or roundtable session pending space and time availability in the program
- It is recommended that you accept the top 5 abstract submissions and place others on ‘Standby’ pending confirmation that your session can be subdivided into a second regular or roundtable session
- The committee will contact Research Clusters organizing an open call for abstracts to advise on their allotment of session spots
Abstract Submission System
In early January, session organizers were sent an email with personal login details for this system (please check your spam filter or contact me if you have not received).
The online submission system is crucial for the management of conference presentations and scheduling. The system integrates all paper session and participant information allowing for more efficient communication and program coordination. Therefore, all abstracts must be submitted through this system by the January 28 deadline*.
*Exceptions (Sherry Fox will contact the applicable session organizers)
- Joint or co-sponsored sessions that are accepting submissions from more than one association
- Pre-arranged panelist information (name, affiliation, discussion topic, etc)
Using the Abstract Submission System
Submitting an abstract to your own session
If you intend to submit a paper to your own session, please note that you must do so through the online abstract submission system by the January 28 deadline. Use the ‘Author’ profile found once you log into the system.
Your session co-organizer or another member of the affiliated Research Cluster may review your abstract. If this is not applicable to your session, please send a copy of the abstract to us by January 28 so our Conference Committee may complete the review.
We have created a step-by-step visual guide available for download.
February 4 -Reviewers must enter their recommendation for all submissions;
- Accept abstract for presentation in original regular session
- Recommend additional session – Abstract on waitlist for additional regular session
- Recommend for roundtable – Abstract on waitlist for additional roundtable session
- Decline abstract
- Suggest abstract for reassignment
February 8 – Chairs will compile the recommendations of the Reviewers and select a final decision for the Conference Program Committee;
- Accept = Approved for presentation
- Standby = Approval pending a second session spot
- Decline = Not approved in the session. Use the comment box to indicate if you are recommending reassignment
- Under Review = Revisions are being requested from the author
February 11 – The Conference Committee will work with Chairs who have requested a second session spot (regular or roundtable) to see if this can be accommodated. Once the Committee has advised, the Chair will be given further instructions to complete the review process.
February 13 –The system will send authors an automated message with notification on the status of their submission (approved or declined)
February 13 – 28 –The Conference Committee will be scheduling sessions
Conference Information for Session Organizers
All presenters, panelists, chairs, and discussants must be CSA-SCS members as well as Congress delegates by April 15, 2019. Refer to the Conference participation policies and compliance instructions.
Please feel free to direct your session’s participants to me if they have any questions or concerns regarding the registration policies.