Canadian Sociological Association Membership Requirement Policy for Participants
Canadian Sociological Association Membership is independent of Congress registration.
All Conference participants (presenters, panelists, chairs, and discussants) must be members of the Canadian Sociological Association in good standing AND registered Congress delegates for the Canadian Sociological Association Conference by April 15, 2023. Those failing to comply will be removed from the Conference program.
Participation in the Canadian Sociological Association Conference sessions at Congress is restricted to registered members in good standing under the following guidelines;
- “Participant” is defined as a session chair, discussant, presenter, or panelist
- Attending in-person or remotely (virtually)
- Session attendees (those attending to observe the session) will no longer be defined as “participants”
- Exceptions to the membership requirement policy are subject to approval from the Treasurer and may apply to; plenary and workshops, co-authors neither attending nor presenting, and special guest discussant or presenter
- There is no requirement for Canadian Sociological Association membership when submitting session proposals or abstracts, however, the policy will take effect once the session or paper has been approved.
- Participants must ensure that their Canadian Sociological Association membership will be active throughout Congress.
- April 15, 2023 is the deadline for new membership registrations and membership renewals if the current expiry date is prior to June 2, 2023.
|Step 1||The first step is to ensure that your membership is in good standing throughout June 2, 2023. This may require that you register as a new member of the Canadian Sociological Association or renew your registration if it is set to expire prior to the Conference. Membership renewal will be possible 45 days prior to the expiration date. Contact us if you are unsure about the current standing of your membership.|
|Step 2||Once your Canadian Sociological Association membership is in good standing, you may proceed with Congress Delegate Registration.|