The online conference system is crucial for the management of conference presentations and scheduling. The system integrates all paper session and participant information allowing for more efficient communication and program coordination. Therefore, all abstracts must be submitted through this system by the January 27 deadline*.
*Exceptions (Sherry Fox will contact the applicable session organizers)
· Joint or co-sponsored sessions that are accepting submissions from more than one association
· Pre-arranged panellist information (name, affiliation, discussion topic, etc)
If you intend to submit a paper to your own session, please note that you must do so through the online abstract submission system by the January 27 deadline. Use the ‘Author’ profile found once you log into the system.
Your session co-organizer or another member of the affiliated Research Cluster may review your abstract. If this is not applicable to your session, please send a copy of the abstract to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 27 so our Conference Committee may complete the review.
As a Session Organizer, you will access abstracts submitted to your session through the online abstract submission system. Once logged in, you will find instructions on reviewing abstracts under “User Home”. We have updated the step-by-step visual guide available for download (contact us for the link).
Due to the overwhelming response received during the Call for Sessions, space and time in the Conference program is limited.
With this in mind, please consider the following when deciding to approve or decline abstracts submitted to your session and we encourage you to first review the session guidelines.
- The abstract submission review page now includes information on the status of the author’s research and completed paper (see the step-by-step visual review guide referred to above)
- Regular sessions should include 3-5 completed paper presentations
- Presenters will have access to AV for power point
- Roundtables will include research in progress, incomplete papers, or general thematic discussion
- AV for power point will not be available
- Roundtables (for 10 attendees) will be located in a multi-space room during each time-slot
- If you do not accept an abstract, it can be considered for a roundtable, if space permits
- We will be contacting the applicable session organizers the week of January 30 to discuss further
If you do not have room for an abstract or you feel that it is not a good fit for your session but worthy of presentation, please contact our office for a possible reassignment to a roundtable or other session needing papers.
All presenters, panelists, chairs, and discussants must be CSA-SCS members as well as Congress delegates by April 15, 2017. Refer to the Conference participation policies and compliance instructions.
Please feel free to direct your session’s participants to me if they have any questions or concerns regarding the registration policies.