Applications will be accepted online from January 27 through February 28, 2020.
In order to support student participation in the Canadian Sociological Association Annual Conference, the CSA Executive provides financial assistance for travel expenses. Funds are limited and are therefore allocated based on applicant eligibility and criteria determined by the CSA Student Concerns Subcommittee.
- A member of the Canadian Sociological Association in good standing
- Register for membership before submitting your application
- Current memberships must be valid through June 4, 2020
- Registered in an undergraduate, MA, Professional degree, or PhD program at a Canadian University
- Recently graduated (after June 1, 2019) PhD students from a Canadian University without a postdoc
- Participating in the Canadian Sociological Association Conference as a presenter, panelist, chair, discussant, or organizer
- Presenters must be the primary author of their paper
- Reside more than 200 km from the Conference location in London, Ontario
Application forms also request the following information:
- Additional sources of funding
- Special circumstances which result in a greater need for financial assistance in order to attend the Conference
- Self-identification for indigenous and equity-seeking community members
Application Review Process
The number of approved applications and grant amounts can vary year by year depending on the Travel Grant Program budget and the location of the Conference.
Applications for the Travel Grant will open online beginning January 27, 2020. Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2020 and notification of approval or denial will be sent by email no later than March 18, 2020. Approved applicants must submit a claim form after June 4, 2020 in order to receive funding.
- Canadian Sociological Association member ID #. Login at https://forum.ideas-idees.ca/csa-scs to confirm your ID#, register for, or renew your membership.
- Student ID #
- List of additional funding sources