Applications will be accepted online from February 1 through March 1, 2016.
In order to support student participation in the CSA-SCS Annual Conference, the CSA-SCS Executive provides financial assistance for travel expenses. Funds are limited and are therefore allocated based on applicant eligibility and criteria determined by the CSA-SCS Student Concerns Sub-committee.
- Applicants must be members of the Canadian Sociological Association
- New memberships must be completed as of March 1, 2016
- Current memberships must be valid as of March 1, 2016 and during the Conference until June 3, 2016
- Applicants must be registered in an undergraduate, MA , or PhD program at a Canadian University
- Applicants must be presenting a student-authored research paper at the conference
- Only one application per student is permitted
- Papers co-authored by a faculty member will now be permitted if the student is the primary author and sole presenter
- In the case of co-authored student papers, both authors may apply but first consideration will be given to the primary author/presenter
- Applicants must reside more than 200 km from the Conference location in Calgary, Alberta
- Applicants must declare additional sources of funding
- Includes institutional and external sources (for example, University or College Grants, SSHRC, Trudeau, Vanier, or Ontario Graduate Scholarship)
- Applicants are permitted to explain special circumstances which result in a need for financial assistance in order to attend the Conference
The number of approved applications and grant amounts can vary year by year depending on the CSA Student Travel Grant Program budget and the location of the Conference.
Students will be able to submit their Travel Grant application online beginning February 1, 2016. Applications will be accepted until March 1, 2016 and notification of approval or denial will be sent by email no later than March 11, 2016.
CLICK TO ACCESS THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM – now closed