Applications will be accepted online from January 27 through February 28, 2020.
In order to support student participation in the Canadian Sociological Association Annual Conference, the CSA Executive provides financial assistance for travel expenses. Funds are limited and are therefore allocated based on applicant eligibility and criteria determined by the CSA Student Concerns Subcommittee.
- A member of the Canadian Sociological Association in good standing
- Register for membership before submitting your application
- Current memberships must be valid through June 4, 2020
- Registered in an undergraduate, MA, Professional degree, or PhD program at a Canadian University
- Recently graduated (after June 1, 2019) PhD students from a Canadian University without a postdoc
- Participating in the Canadian Sociological Association Conference as a presenter, panellist, chair, discussant, or organizer
- Presenters must be the primary author of their paper
- Those participating in the Mentorship Programme for Black, Indigenous and Racialized Graduate Students are also eligible
- Reside more than 200 km from the Conference location in London, Ontario
Application forms also request the following information:
- Additional sources of funding and/or revenue to attend the Conference
- Special circumstances which result in a greater need for financial assistance in order to attend the Conference
- Self-identification equity-seeking community member
- Equity-seeking groups are communities that face significant collective challenges in participating in society. This marginalization could be created by attitudinal, historic, social and environmental barriers based on age, ethnicity, disability, economic status, gender, nationality, race, sexual orientation and transgender status, etc. Equity-seeking groups are those that identify barriers to equal access, opportunities and resources due to disadvantage and discrimination and actively seek social justice and reparation.
Application Review Process
The number of approved applications and grant amounts can vary year by year depending on the Travel Grant Program budget and the location of the Conference.
Applications for the Travel Grant will open online beginning January 27, 2020. Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2020 and notification of approval or denial will be sent by email no later than March 18, 2020. Approved applicants must submit a claim form after June 1, 2020 in order to receive funding.
- Canadian Sociological Association member ID # (Click to confirm your ID#, register for, or renew your membership.
- Student ID #
- List of additional funding and/or revenue sources