Applications will be accepted online from February 1 through March 17, 2023
In order to support student participation in the Canadian Sociological Association Annual Conference, the CSA Executive provides financial assistance for travel expenses. Funds are limited and are therefore allocated based on applicant eligibility and criteria determined by the CSA Student Concerns Subcommittee.
The CSA is committed to the values and principles of equity, diversity, inclusion, and decolonization. We recognize that we owe the richness and vibrancy of our Association to the diversity of our membership and encourage applications from historically marginalized groups, including Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or LGBTQIA2S+ communities.
- A member of the Canadian Sociological Association in good standing
- Register for membership before submitting your application
- Current memberships must be valid through June 2, 2023
- Registered in an undergraduate, MA, Professional degree, or PhD program at a Canadian University
- Recently graduated (after January 1, 2023) PhD students from a Canadian University without a postdoc
- Participating in the 2023 Canadian Sociological Association Conference as a presenter, panellist, chair, discussant, or organizer
- Presenters must be the primary author of their paper
- Attending the Conference in-person (not remotely)
- Reside or departing (which-ever is closer) from a location more than 200 km from the Conference location in Toronto, Ontario
Application forms request the following information
- Student ID #
- Conference participation details
- Additional sources of funding and/or revenue to attend the Conference
- Equity considerations
Application Review Process
The number of approved applications and grant amounts can vary year by year depending on the Travel Grant Program budget and the location of the Conference.
Applications for the Travel Grant will open online beginning February 1, 2023. Applications will be accepted until March 17, 2023 and notification of approval or denial will be sent by email no later than March 27, 2023. Approved applicants must submit a claim form after June 2, 2023 in order to receive funding.