CSA members are now entitled to a 30% discount off all Canadian Scholars' Press book purchases when you order through cspi.org. To take advantage of your discount, email the title and ISBN of your requested book to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention your CSA membership. CSPI will automatically invoice you at 30% off the cover price. Orders can also be placed by phone at 416-929-2774 ext. 10. To view the Canadian Scholars' Press catalog, visit www.cspi.org.
Research Clusters bring together researchers and students working in the various substantive areas that make up Canadian sociology. They facilitate information-sharing, networking, academic community-building, and collaboration among faculty and students working in similar areas. Furthermore, they provide an avenue for making sociological knowledge available to media, policy-makers, communities, and non-governmental organizations.
Current CSA Research Clusters
The RCs below have have their own websites although some may still be under construction.
- Applied Sociology
- The Canadian Network of Durkheimian Studies/Réseau canadien d'études durkheimienne
- Children, Childhood, and Youth
- Critical Sociology of Families, Work and Care
- Demography and Populations Studies
- Environmental Sociology
- Feminist Sociology
- Gender and Sexuality
- Indigenous-Settler Relations and Decolonization
- Political Sociology and Social Movements
- Relational Sociology
- Rural Sociology
- Social Policy
- Social Theory
- Sociology of Culture
- Sociology of Development
- Sociology of Education
- Sociology of Health
- Sociology of Migration
- Sociology of Organizations
- Sociology of Science, Technology, and Knowledge
- Teaching Practice
- Visual Sociology and Methodologies
- Work, Professions, and Occupations
Developing CSA Research Clusters
These RCs are in the early stages of formation. Contact us for additional information.
- Historical and Comparative Sociology
CSA Members interested in forming a research cluster not yet represented can contact email@example.com for futher information.