CSA members are now entitled to a 30% discount off all Canadian Scholars' Press book purchases when you order through cspi.org. To take advantage of your discount, email the title and ISBN of your requested book to email@example.com and mention your CSA membership. CSPI will automatically invoice you at 30% off the cover price. Orders can also be placed by phone at 416-929-2774 ext. 10. To view the Canadian Scholars' Press catalog, visit www.cspi.org.
Awards / Prix
CSA Award Winners / Détentaires des prix de la SCS
The Canadian Sociological Association is proud to announce our award recipients for 2016. They will be honoured at our Annual Banquet and Award Ceremony to be held on Tuesday, May 31 at the University of Calgary. Photos from the event and more information about the recipients will be posted here later in June.
2016 CSA-SCS Award recipients
Angus Reid Applied Sociology Award
Practitioner recipient: Prabhote (Jyoti) Gondek, Westman Centre for Real Estate Studies, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
Student recipient: Pernille Goodbrand, University of Calgary
Best Student Paper Award: Holly Campeau, University of Toronto, 'The Right Way, the Wrong Way, and the Blueville Way': How Cultural Match Matters for Standardization in the Police Organization.
Canadian Review of Sociology Best Article Award (two articles were selected):
Sylvia Fuller and Natasha Stecy-Hildebrandt, Lasting Disadvantage? Comparing Career Trajectories of Matched Temporary and Permanent Workers in Canada. (2014)
Neil Guppy and Nicole Lunogo, The Rise and Stall of Canada's Gender-Equity Revolution. (2015)
Early Investigator Award: Wendy Roth, University of British Columbia
John Porter Tradition of Excellence Book Award:
Vic Satzewich (2015) Points of Entry: How Canada’s Immigration Officers Decide Who Gets In. Vancouver: University of British Columbia Press.
Outstanding Contribution Award: Neil Guppy, University of British Columbia
For further information on the CSA awards, including nomination procedures, selection committees, and calls for nomination, click on the following links.
Pour de plus amples informations à propos des prix décernés par la SCS, incluant les critères d'égibilités, les comités de sélection, et les appels de nomination, suivant les liens ci-dessous :
- The Angus Reid Applied Sociology Award /Prix des praticiens Angus Reid/de sociologie appliquée
- Best Student Paper Award / Prix de la meilleure communication étudiante
- Canadian Review of Sociology Journal Best Article Award / Prix du meilleur article de la review canadienne de sociologie
- Early Investigator Award /Prix jeune chercheur
- John Porter Award / Prix de John Porter
- Outstanding Contribution Award / Prix de la contribution remarquable
- Outstanding Graduating Sociology Student Award /Prix d’excellence des étudiants diplômés en sociologie
- Outstanding Service Award / Prix de service remarquable