The Canadian Sociological Association (CSA) membership includes academics as well as community engaged researchers and practitioners. Anyone with an interest in the discipline of Sociology is welcome to join.
Approximately 50% of our members are students; Undergraduates, MA, PhD, or postdocs. The CSA strives to support students with several programs and initiatives including;
The Student Concerns Subcommittee was formed to ensure that the needs and concerns of students are addressed within the CSA operations and programming.
- Best Student Paper Award
- Congress Graduate Student Merit Award
- Outstanding Graduating Sociology Student Awards
- Research Cluster Best Student Paper Awards
- Conference Student Travel and Accommodation Grant
- Subsidized CSA membership registration fee and Conference delegate registration fees
- Canadian Review of Sociology Student Advisory Board
- Mentorship Program for Black, Indigenous, and Racialized Graduate Students
- Professional Development Webinars